Thursday, August 16, 2012

Star of the Week - 2011/12

Star-of-the-Week is a great way to get to know your students and to encourage them to get to know one another. I used this board at the kid's eye-level to display what they brought from home. The frames are laminated tagboard from a scrapbooking store. I used a gold glitter pen to add a little glitz to each one after they were laminated. Then I created a poster page with the shapes of each frame and instructions for what pictures they should use; i.e. "My Pet" or "My House." They could cut out magazine pictures, draw pictures, or use real pictures to fill each frame. I included a baggie with the poster and the instructions for a family member to help them cut each out. Then they brought the baggie in and I put them up for a week. I start with myself to connect with my Kindergartners. :) I should upload the poster PDF for download!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions or thoughts? I'd love to hear from you!