Friday, August 17, 2012

Christmas 2011-2012

There are our stockings! They are hung by our Word Work (Daily 5) with care! I found these stockings for two for a dollar at a craft store. The last day before Christmas Break I put a pencil, eraser, and play dough in each for a holiday gift.
The holidays were certainly Merry and Bright! We had a lot of fun with the traditional crafts done by the Kindergarten teachers at our school.
This is a reindeer hand/fingerprint. So cute!
And below is the foot/hands reindeer and the name bulbs:
The bulbs are a bit tricky, so I had the children do them with a volunteer. Run off the bulb shapes on construction paper and have a volunteer cut them out. Then use squares of black to wrap and glue around the yarn for each bulb. I strung them together in one long line for display and then sent them home for keeping.
The peppermints are made from paper plates. I used a ruler to trace the guiding lines and then the children painted one side red and the other green (pattern with the white). Add a cotton ball with a drop of peppermint extract in between, staple, and wrap with cellophane.
I decorated my "locker" (I have one in the hallway as well for team-building purposes) with this picture. The kiddos loved it! "You aren't old Miss Smiff!" they said. But someday, I will be!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions or thoughts? I'd love to hear from you!