Friday, August 17, 2012

Getting Ready 2012-2013

 This year I'm going with a "bright" theme. These little light bulbs are made with metallic, glitter, and shimmer scrap booking paper with googly eyes. I made all different sizes and glued them together. Then I used a fine permanent marker to draw the little wires inside the bulbs and the lines across the bottom part that screws into a socket (is there a name for that part?). I wanted to do something different! Last year I thought owls were really original...and then they ended up everywhere. So I'm betting that light bulbs aren't the next big trend. But I could be very wrong!
Even though I consider this "door decor," it's actually the window beside the door into the hallway. They are supposed to be covered for safety reasons, so why not do the decorating there? I don't mind a mostly bare door...if I have one thing that isn't covered in something it's actually quite an accomplishment! If you look back at my door decor from last year, I used the labels next to the owls as seasonal changes: leaves, snowflakes, raindrops, flowers. This year I hope to give the light bulbs hats: witches hats, Santa hats, leprechaun hats... and then leave the names or just change the colors. I do have quite a few seasonal/holiday borders, but I usually don't take the time to switch them out. We'll see about this year! I might try to get everything made and set it aside for when I need it. When I do things ahead of time like that, it really rocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions or thoughts? I'd love to hear from you!