Thursday, August 16, 2012

"Guess What?! I lost a tooth!"

Kindergarten is where it begins... Those gosh darn teeth won't stay in! Those wiggly teeth can be bothersome, mom and dad want to pull them out, when they do come out sometimes they bleed, and then you have to try to chew without them. But we are proud when we lose our teeth!It's a right of passage that we make the most of. The tooth fairy comes! And brings me money! (The going rate is getting higher...) And my teacher records it on our chart. Woohoo!
I cut out teeth shapes from white paper, printed off month labels, and laminated them. When a kiddo says, "Guess what?! I lost a tooth!" I get out my permanent marker and write their name on that month. I usually extend it into a math lesson as well, where we count the names on each month and fill in a bar graph (during calendar/math time).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions or thoughts? I'd love to hear from you!