Sunday, October 28, 2012

Learning Targets

We focus on daily learning targets in our classroom. I have a notebook file with a slide for each day (we are on a Day 1-6 schedule with specials) that I modify and display at the start, middle, and end of each day.
Each slide lists the day's number for scheduling purposes and then "Today I will learn to:" with a motivational quote that my Kindergartners also learn and memorize. Examples are: "Focus and win," "You make the world a better place by making yourself a better person," and "The things that make me different are the things that make me, me." And so on.
I also put a quick note of how they will show me their learning. I use language appropriate for Kindergartners and check back in to see if we've accomplished our goals. It's great! And it doesn't take up any extra wallspace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions or thoughts? I'd love to hear from you!