Sunday, October 28, 2012

Conferences - Slideshow


Conferences can be overwhelming for everyone involved. I have started running a slideshow on my SMARTboard during conferences with our classroom pictures and light music. At our school, children sign a release for classroom pictures. I use the pictures to update my annual learning goal progress and to keep observational records of activities and events. I use pictures and video clips to share with my principal cool events or activities they may have missed while observing other classrooms. These same pictures and clips are great to display to parents during conferences! It's a great backdrop for shared enthusiasm for the children and their development. Sometimes, the conversation has nothing to do with the slideshow. Sometimes a parent might mention that it was cool to see what they were doing. Sometimes we stop to talk about something they noticed. No matter what the involvement, I have enjoyed using this tool during conferences.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions or thoughts? I'd love to hear from you!