Thursday, June 13, 2013

Another Year Over!

Feelin' the love!
Well, I can't believe it! I haven't quite kept up with my blog as I intended, but I can honestly say that it was because I had an amazing group of kids keeping my focus. ;) I will miss them! Here's some end-of-the-year ideas. I will also go back and share some things I didn't have time to before. Yay, summer break!
 
I love to celebrate their accomplishments before I say goodbye to my Kindergartners and hello to First Graders! Use a bit of your last days to go over your Responsive Classroom Hopes & Dreams created during the first week.
 
I send home a leveled reading guide for each individual student,  so they can continue to read at their independent and stretch levels over the summer. I used their NWEA data and Scholastic's book search by level to create a master list. Here's a link to Scholastic:
https://clubs2.scholastic.com/
This goes with our quote:
"Go Confidently in the Direction of Your Dreams." -Henry David Thoreau
We worked to understand it's meaning and applied it all year.
Additionally, my kiddos start summer with a beachy book and favor.
We did have a ball!
Happy summer, teachers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions or thoughts? I'd love to hear from you!